A blog about simple family life from baking bread to paddling in streams, enjoying quirky holidays, camping in our bell tent and discovering fab places to visit, so please join us over a cup of tea and slice of cake and share our everyday adventures of family life with three boys!

Saturday, 8 March 2014

the mothership called!








My son had a football game 25 miles away today in the Forest of Dean, it would have been a chore but it meant if I volunteered to take him, we could take a quick detour to the 'mothership' also know as Baileys Home. My husband was initially confused with my enthusiasm to A. get up on a Saturday morning and B. watch a game of football, until he saw straight through my cunning plan! I easily persuaded the boy to come, with the promise of cake in the Tin Tabernacle tearoom which is only open at the weekends.

I've wanted a light above the kitchen sink, but couldn't decide between a jam jar light (above) or an enamel light (below), so I made do with a few other little goodies! I still can't decide, I think I prefer the black enamel shade below? Shucks, I'll have to go back!

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Baileys before but crikey, after checking out their website it certainly seems the place I'd like to be, and definitely worthy of the mothership tagline! Those enamel shades are brilliant indeed!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise it was in the Forest of Dean! Hmmm, would i be able to extend our trip to Minch one day?! I would def go with the enamel one as i think it wouldn't date to quickly, good excuse to go back I would say1

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...